An evening of fun and education on all things Pelvic Floor!
Myself, Pentony O’Hagan your Soft Tissue & Movement Specialist and Zoe Eggleton our wonderful local Mummy MOT® and Women’s Health Physiotherapist are on a mission to help educate women on their pelvic floor and core health!
In this 2-hour workshop we will cover the A-Z of Pelvic Floor health for the Post Natal Woman. This includes:
– How to locate and truly work your pelvic floor muscles
– Why pelvic floor muscle strength is important, such as the link to low back pain, incontinence with exercise, the risk of pelvic organ prolapse etc.
– Types of pelvic floor dysfunction such as urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse
– Self-help strategies for pelvic floor dysfunction, such as healthy eating and drinking and safe exercise for your pelvic floor
– Normal bladder and bowel habits and how to train yourself to achieve these
– The role of a Women’s Health Physiotherapist and when you need to see one
– Why some women develop Diastasis Recti (a tummy muscle gap) after birth and what to do about it if you have it
– How to check for Diastasis Recti and what exercise can help
– How to have a ‘better belly’ and true core strength at ANY AGE!!
– How your posture and breathing impact your pelvic floor strength
– Supersizing Your Pelvic Floor Exercise – yes, we will be doing some movement and getting you stronger!! Don’t worry no lycra required 😊
– Questions and Answers session including some prosecco (it’s about balance, right?)
Tickets £25 and limited to 15. When they are gone, they are gone! We hope to see you there
Where: Bababoom, High Road, Loughton
When: 7.30pm, Tuesday 29th January
Pelvic Floor & Prosecco, 7.30pm, Tuesday 29th January, Bababoom