Myself – Pentony O’Hagan, Holistic Core Restore® coach and our local Women’s Health Physiotherapist Zoe Eggleton are delighted to announce we are hosting a Kegels & Cake® workshop on Wednesday 3rd October 2018. Everything that you have been meaning to ask about your Core Strength and Pelvic Health in one fun evening of ‘edutainment’ and splendid cake eating!
What you will learn:
In this 2-hour workshop we will cover the A-Z of Pelvic Floor health for women of all ages. This includes:
- How to locate and REALLY work your pelvic floor muscles
- Why pelvic floor muscle strength is important, such as the link to low back pain, incontinence with exercise, the risk of pelvic organ prolapse etc.
- Types of pelvic floor dysfunction such as urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse
- Self-help strategies for pelvic floor dysfunction, such as healthy eating and drinking and safe exercise for your pelvic floor
- Normal bladder and bowel habits and how to train yourself to achieve these
- The role of a Women’s Health Physiotherapist and when you need to see one
- Why some women develop Diastasis Recti (a tummy muscle gap) after birth and what to do about it if you have it
- How to check for Diastasis Recti and what exercise can help
- How to have a ‘better belly’ and true core strength at ANY AGE!!
- How your posture and breathing impact your pelvic floor strength
- The Kegel Continuum – yes, we will be doing some movement and getting you stronger!!
- Questions and Answers session including some deliciously healthy cake and some prosecco (it’s about balance, right?)
Time: 7.30pm – 9.30pm Wednesday 3rd October 2018
Venue: The Avenue Tennis Club, 18 The Avenue, Loughton IG10 4PT http://www.avenuetennisclub.com. Free on Street Parking. Entrance on both the Avenue or Lower Point Road. See website for details.
Cost: £20 , Maximum of 20 spaces so tickets much be purchased in advance to secure your space.